Tuesday 4 October 2005

Return of the yes/no game: Tarantino made me do it

Yes or no 2

  1. Brocolli
  2. Kate Bush
  3. Only one brand of soft drink in the chiller at Tesco
  4. Caravans
  5. Sprouts
  6. Christmas
  7. New Year
  8. Chewing gum
  9. Gays and/or abortionists being the cause of natural disasters
  10. Cauliflower

Very lazy of me, I know, but I'm tired having worked 14 hours yesterday and 12 today. And I had to wear a suit, a black one at that.

Still, blogging goes on.



The new season of fashion from Tarantino
Of all the colours for suits- apart from the obvious one of plum, mint green, sky blue, pink and orange - black has to be my least favourite. To me, black suits should be reserved for funerals and for restaurant staff. Black suits have no place in every day life apart from this.

But many women (it's generally women and not men) feel quite comfortable wearing a black suit to work. Are they harbouring secret desires to become funeral directors? Or perhaps the maitre d' at a top restaurant.

There were so many woman clad in their black suits at the event I was helping organise that it sometimes felt like I was taking part in some perverse re-enactment of the Crazy 88s assault on Beatrix Kiddo in Kill Bill. Perverse in that there was no sign of Uma Thurman - ahhhh Uma Thurman.

Let me through to the buffet

Fighting to the front of the queue to the buffet, with food finally in sight, you find yourself confronted by the serving waitress: "You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you?"

"You know, for a second there, yes, I kinda did. Now, just tell me what the fuck this non-descript crap is that's laid out before me and where are the spicy chicken drumsticks, bitch?"

Oren ishii

Victorious, you retreat, plate stacked full with high-fat, high-salt badness. They don't fuck about with you when you return for pudding, oh no, they're licking their wounds now. "Bakewell pudding and custard, madam? Please help yourself."

"Too fucking right, I'll help myself - I've just chopped your bastard arms off!"

Kill bill - oh yes!
Sigh...


Spamcunt frenzy
I wonder if all the spam gets diverted to those who don't use word verfication when everybody else turns it on in their blogs. I'm sure there's a scientific analogy somewhere - like diffusion or gel electrophoresis - but I can't be arsed to think of a good one.

No comments: