Friday 7 October 2005

A year's worth of blogging

Well, that's it I guess, a whole year's worth of blogging from your friendly neighbourhood Cakesniffer.

It's not actually a calendar year, but this is the 369th post since starting back in January, so on a post-per-day basis, I reckon I can get away with it.

Cakesniffers 368 posts

Is this the blogging equivalent of finishing before the end of the exam, or paying your mortgage off early? Do I get to take time off until the new year? Then again, I suppose if you added up the number of posts that were any good, we'd be somewhere in late January 2005 by now.

It's just amazing how a somebody can almost religiously ensure that they post something to their blog each day, yet they don't have the focus or drive to do anything remotely useful like housework or getting a new job. Or having a social life for that matter, but since I'm a misanthrope, that sort of thing doesn't really float my boat.

You wonder how far you can take these things: is there a natural point where you'd stop; or should you change focus, perhaps going for political commentary (yawns), a proper diary (oh please!), clever reviews of films and the arts (me?)? So in the absence of any imagination or novel ideas, it looks like Cakesniffers will continue to follow the same formula ad infinitum.

Fuck.

No comments: