Friday 21 October 2005

Around the world in eighty clicks

Playing with Google maps, it's dawned on me that you can essentially click and drag yourself around the entire world, with a satellite view of the land below. It's sort of a weird hot air balloon experience I suppose.

This one shows where I live (blue) and the places I travel to for my job. The furthest orange blob is over 30 miles from the blue blob.


Google map North West

Looking at the close up satellite image of my locality,


The proportions have been stretched a bit oddly in this one, but I can see my front lawns that are a pain to mow, but not the back garden because it's completely obscured by a sycamore canopy. There's my fucking shitforbrains neighbour's minibus that, after over 6 years, he STILL can't manoeuvre off his drive without the world knowing about his huffing and puffing. I can see the store over the road, path I take to go for walks down the local woods, the motorway slip road, the wagons at the transport dept over the road from me...

The wagons that, despite having loads of room to park in the transport depot, repeatedly block my drive when the dickhead drivers park on the road. The wagons that provide a constant wave, after wave of noise as they set off, seemingly in convoy from about 4am. The wagons whose drivers stand on the roadside and have conversations with each other (about the considerations of parking in a residential area no doubt) in the early hours of the morning - it obviously gives them something to do while they're waiting for their cabs to warm up with the heat of the massive engines that they leave running for ages before setting off on their journeys.

Utter cocks.


Yay! Utter cocks
I've had a comment from the Finnish Yay! Cakesniffers who have called me a bully for picking on people who can't look after themselves.

"You are a very mean person. You are a bully. You pick on people who are not capable of looking after themselves. Shame on you.Why?"

Gosh, who have I upset? A religious group, people with disabilities, black people, Chinese people, greedy lazy dolescum?

No, I've "picked on" some Finnish kids. Apparently I'm an aggressive blogger who's been leaving nasty comments on their blog (in my sleep obviously), so they've changed something or other.

Yay!

No idea what they're on about, but never mind. I don't feel the need to defend myself, however, I'd like to reiterate that I'm not in the business of leaving comments on people's blogs unless I'm being complimentary, if I've got a valid point to make or something to add in keeping with the ongoing discussions. There's no way I'm giving comment kudos to utter shit. On the other hand I have been known to make observations about other people's efforts here and there and in some other places, but this is every blogger's right.

I'm sure if I did a search for comments about me or this blog, there'd be quite a few that were not particularly complimentary, but so what? It's everybody's right to have their say about stuff, so let them get on with it.

Grow up.

An edit: Shitting trickster! (See comments)

No comments: