Monday 24 October 2005

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with...

NUMPTY!


Just been to order my next supply of lenses from lovely Costco. This would have been the fourth occasion that I have done this. The procedure should follow this sort of script:

Me: "Hello, can I have 6 months' supply of contact lenses please? Here's my membership card."

Them: "Sure, let's just check your prescription. That's great, £59 please. We'll call you when they're here."

Me: "Lovely, thank you. Cheerio."


On three previous occasions, this has gone without a problem. However tonight, this happened:

Me: "Hello, can I have 6 months' supply of contact lenses please? Here's my membership card."

Them: "I'll just check your prescription....." couple of minutes later "...I think there's a problem, your prescription isn't written down."

Me: "It must be, I've had lenses from it three times now."

Them: "Well, it is written down, but it's not written for the type of lens that you have. You see, it's written down for Softview lenses, but not Softlens lenses."

Me: "...And....? It's still the same prescription."

Them: "But I can't be sure unless it's written down."

Me: "It's that prescription that's always been used to order my lenses. Why can't you just search the past transactions on my account and copy that?"

Them: "Because I can't be sure that's the right prescription. Do you know what your prescription is?"

Me: "Yes, it's that that's written down."

Them: "But I can't order that prescription because it's for Softview not Softlens. Can you come back tomorrow?"

Me, glaring, top lip curling into a snarl: "No."

Them: "Oh, well why don't you phone up tomorrow and we'll try and sort something out that way."

Me: "Grrrrrrrrr"

Get me the manager!


Bloody hell. I can't blame the woman really because she was on her own and she needed to follow the rules and the rules are: no prescription, no lenses. However, that's akin to saying that the prescription for my specs lenses was for Zeiss and refusing to supply Pentax lenses of that prescription. Bonkers and very annoying.

Anyway, I was looking at specs while I was there too. What do you all think to these?


Specky 3

Or even, these?


specky 2


Or perhaps even THESE???

Specky

I'm not sure about getting any specs unless I have somebody with me who's a little more enthusiastic and less likely to laugh at me than my 20 year old cousin. Wonder if Piggy and Tazzy fancy coming for a trip to Costco with me?


Frapper
Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to add themselves to my Frapper map, btw - although the url is having a bit of trouble for some reason. Never mind.


The not-bad Samaritan
Walking down the street to where I park my car at hometime, I wandered by a people carrier that had its driver's door open - an Asian lady was reclined in the seat. When I'd passed the car, she sounded the horn and called me back ("What does she want then?"); she was feeling faint, very dizzy and sick and could I go and get her some water. I asked if she was with somebody and it transpired that her husband was on his way. I set off to go and buy a bottle of water for her then changed my mind. No, I didn't fuck off home, I told her that I was going to call an ambulance and then proceeded to do just that. So I called th'ambulance and stuck around until her hubby showed up, but scarpered as soon as he'd arrived - didn't want to get stuck in rush-hour traffic, did I?

No comments: