Monday 16 May 2005

Eye-to-eye CONTACT!

Now, readers who joined the Cakesniffing sisterhood a while back will know that I'm a contact lens wearer. I have to get the monthly toric type because of my spazzy eyes. I was down to my last pair and had intended to go to Costco this evening to order some more. So I went to take the lenses out so as I could wear my specs for the evening. I took the right one out and it kind of stuck to my finger and then got pinged across the bathroom.

I stood very still, looking for the missing lens with my left eye. I checked my person, check the walls, bent down as low as I could go without moving my feet so I could check the floor. Nothing. Otto came to see what I was doing. He was very helpful and started rolling on the floor. I gave up, removed the left lens and put my specs on.

Out of curiosity - I simply HAD to know - I check behind the radiator. And there it was, all shrivelled up, looking at me. There was no heading towards the light for this little lost soul. No coming back.

FUCK!

So this means that I'm going to have to wear some very worn-out old pairs of lenses to see me through until my new order arrives.

Still, I guess I should expect these things, being dyspraxic and having Asperger's Syndrome and everything. I'm surprised I can even put my glasses on the right way round. Or dress myself (shut it, Willis!). Not that I'm offended or anything.


Baby Gap
I bought some gifts for the newborn from Baby Gap. The assistant who served me asked, "Are they a gift?" and I just had to reply "Well, I don't really think they'll suit me".

I bet she gets that all the time, all thefucking time, some know-it-all, think they're funny wit, will come out with that shit. One day, she's going to jump over the counter and strangle somebody. And who could blame her?


An edit for Herge
Herge, you are my number one as long as you want to be. It's a great honour that you think so highly of me.

Sorry for not posting much today, but I've been at work, and they don't let me - it's just as well or my emotiboard would've broken when replying to Ryan's last post. Did tyou see the one where he said "Thanks for the much needed backup, Will! Bravo! Perhaps, tina, you don't know what love is. And no, it is not a feeling". Ooh, it wound me up good and proper! "Yes, Bwavo Wiw! You're suthch a good sthport for sthupporting me." Who the fuck says "bravo"? Fuck's sake.

And I was busy this evening too, so this is all you're getting today I'm afraid. I'll think of something very special (in my eyes) and try to do something tomorrow. I could do something about the "Sisterhood of Librarians" that's emerging at work. It's a bit like the "Brotherhood of the Illuminati", only with vibrators.

No comments: