Wednesday 25 May 2005

Unbelievable

Yes Andy, as I was preparing this post, your comment came through.

Now, after my one and only other football post, I did promise never to mention footie again unless Liverpool actually won the European Cup. Well...


Stevie G trophy



The result was even more amazing because Liverpool were 3-0 down at half time. Sorry, this won't mean anything if you don't know about football, but I don't really give a crap.


Stevie G

Liverpool captain, Steven Gerrard gets a second-half goal to make it 1-3

Smicer scores

The usually oh-so-crap Vladimir Smicer drives in a scorcher to make it
2-3 a couple of minutes later

Xabi equalises

Finally, Xabi Alonso follows up his saved penalty kick to equalise


This was Liverpool's 5th European Cup win, but their previous one was 21 years ago.

I'm so happy; I feel like running naked through the streets of Manchester, draped in my Liverpool scarf. I can't believe I've got to get up at 5.30. How am I supposed to sleep?

As they say, You'll Never Walk Alone.

No comments: