Monday 23 May 2005

My day out 2: Apocalypse NOW

Well, the old folk of sleepy Lancashire seaside town, Lytham St Anne's, must've thought their world had come to an end yesterday. "Why?", I hear the public cry. Well, there's a nice little boating lake that's home to a host of waterfowl at Lytham and me and my friends took with us a loaf of bread each to feed the geese and duck and swan. We were merrily feeding away, being attacked and nipped by the hungry birds, and I wondered why a nearby pair of old ladies was looking at me with such disgust when I was being so friendly to the animals:

Gerroff me Flake 99, you long-necked tit!
"Watch who you're scowling at, lady! I've got a whole loaf of plastic bread and I'm not afraid to use it!"


Well, readers of Andy's blog, Walls come tumbling, will have seen that an uproar has been caused by a shopping centre wanting to ban gangs of youths who trudge around, wearing baseball caps with hooded tops and generally looking/acting thuggish and threatening. So these poor old dears must've been watching me feeding these birds, but, because of my "gangsta" attire, they were too scared to point out the sign that requested people not to feed the birds.

For goodness sake, the way they were looking at me, you'd have thought I was going through the flock and systematically breaking each of their stupid necks and then using them for sexual fulfilment! I was only trying to be friendly, the poor little bastards must've been starving if nobody was feeding them.

More "My day out 2" photos are available on My Webshots gallery.

No comments: