Tuesday 24 May 2005

Summer bees, make me feel...

FINE! So this is how it's going to be until November, is it? Now that the weather has finally got above freezing, and even gets above 10°C most days, I have my bedroom window open for a bit of fresh air - besides, the thermostat's bust and we can't turn the central heating off, so it's baking hot.

Anyway, not having enough space to buzz around in in the Earth's vast biosphere, the bloody bees and wasps always insist on finding the smallest opening in my window and getting themselves trapped in my bedroom. This stupid fucker was there when I got home from work this afternoon:

Stupid
"Bzzzzzzzzz, bzzzzz, bzzzzzzz... It certainly looks right, I recognise the green things..."

Thick
"Bzzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz.... Bit bored now, and my head don't half hurt - I think somebody keeps bashing me..."

Twat
"Bzzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz..... Perhaps if I stay on this little road I'll come across a shop where I can stop and ask for directions."

Anyway, after watching him for half an hour and taking lots of photos, I decided to open the big window to let him out since finding the now widened opening of the smaller window was proving too much for it. Stupid fucker. So, I opened the big window that he'd been continually bashing his brains out against for about 40 minutes and he STILL couldn't figure out how to escape.

I had to shoo him away with a Mma Ramotswe (Kalahari typing school for men), and off he buzzed, lolling about on the breeze.

He was really big though, a good 2cm in length!

No doubt more of the stupid things will be back by the end of summer. I just don't get it; all that free air and they have to find an open window.

Stupid, just stupid.

If you want to read more about wasps, I suggest you check out Angry Chimp's take on them.

No comments: