Tuesday 31 May 2005

A sorta fairytale

For all you Tori Amos fans (me included, this appears to be about 2 of you). I shall use this short post to tell you how excited I am about seeing her in concert this coming Sunday.... VERY!

I've loved her music since she brought out Little Earthquakes and I think I've got just about all her stuff.

Connie, you're right about Scarlett's Walk, it's a truly fantastic piece of work and I adore A sorta fairytale and I can't see New York - amongst others of course. When my sister first heard the former, she actually shut up for a minute and said "What's this? This is lovely!" - it takes something special to achieve that. I still think my favourite track of hers is Cornflake girl - if only for the piano in it.

So yes, I'm feeling a little like Goldielocks in my own fairytale this week: housesitting for friends up in deepest Lancashire. It's nice to get some peace and quiet, although I have a suspicion that the in-laws may drop round and they don't know that my friends are away for half term. I shall have to get my best lying gear together.

As you can gather, I've managed to get access to the internet, so I'll be trying to get those juices flowing (in a friend's bed??) and tell you all about Lancashire Life.

This is a rather lame incursion into Tuesday's Cakesniffer, but I've just got to jet wash my car and it should give me the opportunity to think about how I'm going to put microwaves and house alarms to rights!

No comments: