Sunday 31 July 2005

Solitary mind games

Mind games are great. The combatants do battle against each other without war ever really being declared. There are no rules of engagement, just acts of mental insurgency that are deployed to undermine the enemy's will until they finally surrender to the superior strength of the ultimate victor.

Or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

If you're a little bit mental, you tend to play mind games without your opponent even realising it. This is the state of things in my house, in which I am the paying guest of my ageing parents.

I clean the bathroom. I always clean the bathroom; they never do it. Each time I've put the last bit of crap back in there after cleaning it, I swear through gritted teeth that I'm going to hold out and wait till they pull their arthritic fingers out and do it themselves. I'm ashamed to admit that I lasted three months this time, but I had to admit defeat and go clean the fucker just now.

Crap job. But at least I had the satisfaction of doing the first big massive poo in the clean pot. WINNER!


Blogs by women
I'm not sure what to make of that new blogroll. I got myself added to it, but I don't know whether it'll bring (m)any new visitors. Having had a look at a few of the blogs on the list, I'm not sure Cakesniffers will be cup of tea for many of those girls. Since we don't really cover politics, travel, feminist issues, art or other such shit, I'm not sure we'll be particularly appealing. When I say, "we don't cover" those things, I mean we don't cover them seriously - we just take the piss out of them. (See how "we" shares the responsibility for any offence with cakesniffing regulars?)

Who on earth can be bothered writing political commentaries?

And this sort of thing from "Trying to soar":

today's shopping trip
Ok, we just got back at 2pm. We've been gone 4 hours, shopping! LOL


I love grocery shopping (hate paying for it though!) I love to cook, and with my new lifestyle, it opens things up alot for me/us. Here's what I bought:

Farmer's Market:
(4) 2 ft long zucchinis (2 for $1!!!!) [- courgettes]
(4) yellow squash
(1) eggplant [- aubergine]
1 lb greenbeans
(2) beets1 head romaine lettuce
seasoning for jamaican jerk *anything*

Supermarket(s):
Spaghetti squashgreen pepperstomatoesonionsgreen onionsbottom round

Need I go on?

There are a few contributors to this blog, and here's how they describe themselves: "We are chicks trying to soar with the Eagles. We're low-carbing and flyladying our fannies away (literally). "

What the fuck does "flyladying our fannies away" mean? Do people in America not know that "fanny" is another word for "twat"?

And it doesn't matter what your diet is made up of, if you eat all that in one day, you're still going to be a big fat bloatmonger.

No comments: