Saturday 9 July 2005

Art

Yes, art as in "art, dahling!", not ART as in "assisted reproduction technology". How sad is that?

Personally, I think a lot of art is pretentious crap that's produced by egotistical wankers. "But it enables you to gauge how the artist feels about a particular subject matter". Why the fuck should I be interested in how some shithead interprets his or her feelings about something? Why can't they just say it like anybody else? Tossers.

I don't get art. My idea of hell includes a visit to an art gallery before an evening at the ballet or a poetry recital. Poetry???? Fuck.

Design, however, is great. Design makes us want a particular one out of lots of possible somethings - functional objects mainly. Design incorporates aesthetics, ergnomics, and lots of other "ics". Design is clever. Take Alessi as a frexample. You get a load of things in your kitchen and Alessi's designers take these things and do wonderful things to them to make them fun, more interesting - ornamental even, but functional all the same. Alessi put the fun into functional. Oh dear, my sincere apologies for that one.

Photography is great, I love it. Photography captures the moment. But simple changes to the camera settings can give quite different results. For example, if you don't put the flash on, images may be blurred since the exposure time lengthens to allow more light in. (That was a piss-take, btw). One of the best things about photography is Photoshop. Look what I've put together:

I uploaded this using the new feature in the Blogger compose window

Now, after two posts in one evening, I've exhausted my subject matter for the entire weekend.

No comments: