Thursday 28 July 2005

A warm welcome to my chambers

You'd be hard pushed to find a warmer and more welcoming bedroom than that of yours truly. I spent over a week stripping paper, knocking out plaster, filling cracks, papering and painting back in December. God, it seems like yesterday.

Anyway, by the magic of photo stitching, here's a panoramic shot of my little boudoire:

Boudoire pan

Admittedly, it's a bit like waking up in a tub of vanilla ice cream, but I like it.

Of course having such a room, any visitor is instantly overcome by its inviting creams and soft percall bedding. The photographs are a point of conversation, but not for long. They sit on the bed, lightly tapping the space beside them; invite me to join them. Looking a bit whatsit, it all starts to get thingy and you lie down alongside each other, faces get closer. Your heart races, images flash through your mind...

Whatsit


Could this be it? Could it really be happening? Getting off while they're all downstairs?

Alas, something seems wrong. Something's caught their eye... it all stops... you join their gaze and look up to see:

Escape hatch


Yep, all that hard work on the decorating and I never got round to painting the loft hatch: we were having the loft insulated the week after I'd finished the main job, so I left it because I knew the workmen would make a mess of the hatch as they shoved the bundles of insulation through it. I just never got round to painting it.


Still, at least it's a conversation point.

No comments: