Sunday 13 November 2005

Talking Italian

I do wish the Italians would give a bit of thought before phoning my dad. You see, if they phone too early in the morning, Dad will still be in bed, his throat will be croaky and he won't have put his teeth in.

This morning's crisis seemingly relates to my dad's bitch sister who embezzled ALL of my grandfather's money for her own family. All I could hear my dad saying was "Rosie (my cousin, daughter of nice auntie), she is dead to me, I don't care, get Gianni (bitch auntie's eldest heroin addict son) to sort it."

It's like something out of The Godfather, only slightly more gummy.

Dad's first name is Donato, so he is known in local restaurant as Mr Donato or Don Cakesniffer. If only we had the backing of the Mafia, my life would be so much easier.

"Daddy, I've seen this job that I want, can I have it please?"

"Si, si, certo la mia bella figlia"

"Thanks, Daddy. Oh, and Daddy..."

"...Huh?"

"...Daddy, there's a list of people I'd like to be killed on my desk. Cheerio!"


Pop goes the Cakesniffer
So, this is the last word on popups because the whole thing has been making me demented and I need to direct my sapping energy to other things (such as compiling lists of people that I want Daddy's people to kill).

I'm not sure what started the popups coming, but I've stripped back the blog a fair bit in an attempt to stop them. I too have been experiencing them (Dell computers this week) and it's been a real pain in the shitter. [So crude for a Sunday]. Anyway, I'm not sure whether it'll help, but I recommend that people follow Indiaiynke's advice (see below); we should all be doing this routinely anyway.

  • Make sure your firewall(s) and antivirus software are up to date
  • Turn the popup blocker on (IE 6 on Win XP, Firefox, Opera and Google toolbar all have integrated popup blockers too)
  • Clear the cache regularly
  • Run a regular spyware scan - I use Zone Alarms and there are others such as Adaware and even Windows has one I think
Hope for the best.

I ran the Zone alarms scan on Friday and haven't had a popup since, but that doesn't mean to say that it won't happen again.

In the meantime, if people are worried about getting popups at work, I'm currently copying all posts over to Sniffyblog, if you simply can't stay away. Sad and desperate fools.

This is an edit of the:

"A test

Shitting buggery."

Post from the wee hours of the morning, if anybody is wondering where the unrelated comments came from.

No comments: