Sunday 20 November 2005

Arsing typical

When you go to a house party, it's tradition to take some booze or other drink to add to the collection. The hosts will have been generous enough in providing food, music and space for the gathering, so it's only fair that the guests take their own drinks with them.

THEIR OWN DRINKS, not forgetting DRINKS FOR THEIR FUCKING KIDS!

I'm completely fucked off with going to parties, taking my six (or twelve) cans of pop and having most of them nicked by frigging kids whose parents don't think to take anything for them to drink. It happened again tonight and I had run out of drinks by 9pm.

Of course, the boozers are fine because there are 500 cans of Stella, Guinness, Carlsberg plus assorted spirits and wines. The only other soft drinks are either dead cheap cola or warm full fat Coca Cola, orange juice, bitter lemon or squash.

Bastards.

I had it out with my friend, whose step son had taken a couple of my cans for him and another kid.

"Well, there's Diet Coke there"

"But I don't like Diet Coke, that's why I brought my own pop. Why didn't Reece have the Diet Coke?"

"Because he prefers to drink out of cans."

"Well, if you know that, why didn't you bring some cans instead of a big bottle of Diet Coke? This happens every time there's one of these gatherings; I end up providing the pop for all the kids because the parents don't think about bringing drinks for them. It's not on!"

Anyway, I was firm, but not quite as arsey that makes me sound. And at least I didn't have 3/4 of a bottle of Absolut Vodka, or 8 bottles of fine Belgian beer nicked.

You get these fuckers who go to parties and take cheap shit with them and drink all the good stuff that other people fork out good money for. Wankers.


A bit of privacy, please?
And there was this bloke there who had a video camera; he was panning the room, but he was concentrating the shot on people's conversations. He stopped at me, just at the point where I'd been going to say something about one of the guests looking like a kiddie fiddler. That would've been a nice keepsake. I just gave him the subtle "Vs" in the Peter Kay styleee instead. Fucking tit.


An offer too good to accept
But it was a great do (a surprise 40th) and I enjoyed seeing my mates again for the first time in a year. There've been opportunities to catch up in the intervening period since Peter's legendary "Hot Pot supper" last autumn, but I've not been able to, or been arsed to go.

In their own ways, each of my friends in that groups means something a little different to me. We all share common memories, for example, the last time I was in that house was 17 years ago and the party was VERY different to the one that took place this evening. We'd have all been in our late teens, it was fancy dress, and there was even a couple having sex in an armchair and also in the bathroom.

What's not changed in that time is my soft spot for my friend, I've held a torch for her for years. So when her hubby, who I ADORE (he is also one of the gang from way back) asked if I'd like to lodge with them, all sorts of things crossed my mind. You can't justify moving in with somebody when you know you fancy them. That is wrong. But how do you explain that? I could just say, "Well, I might find it hard to control myself", and they'd assume I meant him.

It could be fun.... but it's probably not a good idea.


A message for Michael
Poor Michael dropped by here and happened to find the "Sam Black" cuntathon post. Sorry Michael, that was unusual for here. Not the cuntathon, the shitty attempt at fiction.

No comments: