Wednesday 9 November 2005

Google no-sense

Cakesniffers beware! Listening to readers: ignoring their suggestions
Not wanting to provide an insecure blogging experience, Cakesniffers (UK) Ltd. conducted a series of focus groups and brainstorming sessions with breakout groups in order to gauge feelings on how best to improve things.

Of course, content of Cakesniffers beware! was not up for discussion, but our stakeholders were allowed a free voice on many matters relating to it.

A consistent theme running through discussions was the problem of popup ads that readers encountered on visits to the popular blog. Another major concern (of April pissoff was spam comments and the attempt to stop them by the use of word verification.

Google Adsense has been deleted in an attempt to address the pop up problem. There will be an ongoing consultancy exercise and readers are asked to note whether they still experience problems of this nature. Cakesniffers Chief Exec, Tina, did point out that use of Google Toolbar (for Internet Explorer and also for Firefox) will cut out popups of this nature. However, it was recognised that the onus was rightfully on the publisher and so the chance of advertising revenue has been sacrificed in the interests of readers' needs. Selfish fuckers.


Naughty, naughty, very naughty
Word verification has also been turned off after repeated requests (non-stop whinging) from the lovely April pissoff. Cakesniffers has gladly taken the opportunity to hand the spam over to April by changing the comment delivery e-mail address to hers.

No need to thank me April, you're most welcome, it's an absolute pleasure.

I'll change it back on Friday if she behaves herself.


Sniffycam
Check the quality on this photo:

Webcam test

Yup, I done got meself a Sniffycam.

I'd like to thank Logitech for providing duff software with it. It only took me three attempts and a driver download to get the bloody thing working.

Now, if only I could figure out how to incorporate Sniffycam into my blog. Unfortunately, I'm too stupid for that sort of thing, so you'll have to do without live images of me looking gormless and bored while I pick at imaginary spots on my neck and chin.

And no, I won't be turning tricks in messenger either.

Back with more on-the-pulse current affairs later, but for now, I need a wee.

No comments: