Monday 6 June 2005

Tori's Piano Bar

Yep, I experienced the amazing Tori Amos at her concert in Manchester last night.

I don't get out much, and rarely go to concerts, so this was quite an event for me. There was lots of tie-dye, corduroy, eye makeup, and long hair. The audience also looked like a librarians' day out in sections too. Fantastic.

All l I have to say about Tori Amos's performance is... AWESOME!

It was her, four keyboards (3 organs and a grand) and a mixing desk. She played a two hour set without a break and covered songs from her latest album, The Beekeeper, as well as some others from her previous work.

Here are some photos (sorry, was near the back and wasn't allowed to use my flash):

She never was a cornflake girl

Almost crucified!

Yep, she's playing two instruments at the same time there

Amber waves

Little earthquakes


Don't look back in anger
One part of the show was a break-off into her "Piano Bar" in which she sang a couple of songs by other artists. These were both unbelievable: Oasis's Don't look back in anger and good old Favourite things from The Sound of Music (I think that was for all the librarians in the audience - there were plenty). She took this part of the set to have a chat with the audience and this gave her the opportunity to launch into a diatribe against Morrissey. I videod this on my little digicam, so I may transcribe it at some point.



Andy, I'm going to really piss you off by telling you that the two seats in front of where I was sat were empty for the entire show. Their loss. I'm also trying to figure out a way of getting the avi files to you - too big to e-mail.

No comments: