Thursday 30 June 2005

A special hello

To Herge!

Blogworld needs YOU!
Here's to you, Herge

I want to take this opportunity to pay homage to our beloved Herge, the great mind behind the wonderful Angry Chimp - a blog that has brought wonder and entertainment to thousands in the short time since its introduction back in February of this year.

As a novice blogger, I used to go cruising by clicking the "next" button from my own blog. After the usual "Mortgage lenders, California", "Rambling, ranting musings of an insignificant history student", "Viva Belloc", etc, I came across a post entitled Thoughts whilst queuing in McDonald's. It was a lengthy piece, but it captured my attention and drew me in. I bloggered it from here and I've been going back ever since.

The Angry Chimp theme has evolved quite a bit in a relatively short space of time, but each incarnation has been innovative and funny and thought-provoking. From the reality TV series such as Death Row Big Brother and Celebrity Euthanasia Challenge, to obituaries of the rich and famous, The Guardian's "We love each other", and now the latest cartoon-phase that includes Dalek & Borg, Star Wars and Strangeways, Angry Chimp has continued to keep its audience engrossed.

I just want to say well done and thanks to Herge. I hope he gets the recognition that he deserves. And I hope he's copyrighted the content of Angry Chimp!

No comments: