Friday 3 June 2005

Round 'em up!

I bought a rounders bat and ball yesterday - £7 from Tesco.

What's rounders?

I'll leave you to answer that question... If you can be bothered, let me know what your thoughts/memories of rounders are. Favourite field position (if you have one).

For me, it's a game that was the cause of many an interesting injury in childhood. I suffered:
  • 2 black eyes
  • sprained ankle
  • massive cut and lump to my forehead
  • an interesting knee injury when I was run over by a horse

These all occurred when I was playing backstop. I was switched to 2nd or 3rd deep after the horse incident. I once saw a spectacular broken nose too.

And who said the English don't know how to live dangerously?

If anybody can be fucked to think about that and post a comment, I'll be amazed. In the meantime, I need to think about stilton legs and armpits.

No comments: