Saturday 26 March 2005

"I'm terrible allergic, you see"

Some people have allergies to the oddest things. I think severe allergies are nature's way of introducing population control, you know, survival of the fittest and all that?

Of course, being super fit, with an excellent genetic make-up, I have no allergies. Or should I say almost no allergies? I do suffer a strange reaction around vacuum cleaners: my blood pressure rises; I go red in the face; all my muscles tense up; and I find it difficult to stop myself running around the house, screaming. As soon as the noise stops, I'm OK. I hate the fucking things when other people are operating them, but I'm OK using one myself. It all stems from Sunday afternoons in my childhood when I'd be trying to watch Mr Magoo and Betty Boop with Mother torturing me with the Hoover; making me lift my feet up and wandering backwards and forwards in front of the telly.

No comments: