Tuesday 8 March 2005

All rise in court

This defendent wishes to enter a plea of not guilty to charges levelled against her! I can't believe I've become victim to some virtual kangaroo court in my own blog. All I said was I was a bit fussy about certain foods and the way I like things prepared. Flippin' eck! I can't believe that people can possibly any differently to me.

Ring Doughnuts
Well, it's top marks to Gregg's customer services department. The lovely Jan has replied to my e-mail enquiry about why their ring doughnuts come with an iced sugar, rather than a granulated sugar coating - even though their jam and split cream doughnuts are coated with granulated sugar. Apparently, Gregg's ring doughnuts have only ever had an iced sugar coating, but they welcome my comments. I'm sure they'd sell many more ring doughnuts if they had an appropriate coating. In fact, many people I told were stunned at the thought that ring doughnuts could be coated with anything BUT granulated sugar.

I'm going e-mail her again to congratulate her on her prompt, polite and informative reply (I'll also suggest that granulated sugar-coated ring doughnuts are they forward for successful confectionary retail). Some vouchers would've been nice Jan and for that oversight, you can have an 8/10.

Following on from this, I'm going to set Mother a task to determine whether ring doughnuts, if available at all, from Hampson's (formerly Parker Bradburn's), Martin's, Greenhalgh's (we have FOUR bakeries on our shopping precinct) and Safeway have a satisfactory format of external sweetener. Older people love doing that sort of thing.

God, I'm so tired. Being a consumer champion certainly takes it out of a girl.

No comments: