Friday 5 August 2005

Oooh fuck, I've eaten too much!

Can't lift my fingers to type. .. phto evdnc ov meal fud pud.. eeeuurrgghhh,m full 2 bstn


DEFCON 1
This was during the ordering, with Mother talking over everyone and confusing matters. The chap is Michele, he's the owner of the restaurant - and a fine place it is too!


ROUND 1
Actually, this is the end of round 1d, having already been provided with complimentary bread, antipasti and bruschetta, my real starter was a "starter-sized" bowl of spaghetti that would've been a main course at home.


ROUND 2
Pizza calzone. I think "calzone" is Italian for "sandbag".



ROUND 3
Coppa caffe: fuckin' delish ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over it. Fuckin' delish pud.


FUCKIN DELISH!


ROUND 4
Complimentary fruit salad - WTF???? After all we'd just eaten?

Fruity

ROUNDS 5 & 6
Espressi

Coffee


All washed down with....


Bubbly

For fuck's sake, MOTHER!
For them

And

Tee hee hee
For me.

My, that's almost a shopping list!


Chinese whispers
It's a fucking nightmare going to a restaurant with a group of people, half of whom are deaf (one of whom is deaf and Italian) where the background noise is so loud that you can't hear yourself think. So they shout over each other, and the same thing gets shouted three or four times per intended recipient. Then somebody half hears and asks what was said, so the round of Chinese shouting starts again.

And then they don't pay attention when the waiters bring the food or drinks, and so you end up shouting at them to tell them to take their fucking food. But they only half listen and say "That's mine!" to everything that's offered. A game of pass the really hot plate ensues so people can get what they ordered.

Then a complimentary bowl of fruit salad is brought to the table when we're all stuffed to bursting. So Mother tries to forces us to have some, "But it's such a shame to waste it". WE DIDN'T FUCKING ASK FOR IT!!!!

So it's quite stressful going for a meal with my family. I HATE having to repeat myself, I HATE hearing the same thing over and over again - I've just got back from 3 hours of that. But at least the food more than compensated for it.


No comments: