Thursday 28 April 2005

Dehydrated delights

Posting from work
This is quite good. Having a split site job does have its advantages; I can post to my blog from here because its not blocked by the IT Police. Moreover, if I write the post in Word, it looks like I’m doing some work when people walk by my office.

Today I’m in Fartsville, Fart County, where the entire working population are Farts (see the post below). Having been away for a couple of weeks, I came in to about 70 e-mails with the following subjects:

  • Has anybody got a spare desk?
  • Come and meet Noddy (yes, that Noddy)
  • Customer care course availability
  • Complementary therapies session
  • More courses
  • IT courses
  • Does anybody want a spare desk?
  • Has anybody seen my keys?

And they wonder why people can’t get to see a doctor.

I spent the rest of this morning trying to get rid of my boss who’d decided to drop in (he’s based at the partner hospital in the Trust). As a result, I’ve lost my train of thought.


Dehydrated lunches
I don’t eat real food for my lunch while I’m at work and I tend to bring in dehydrated stuff that transforms miraculously into something salty and delish after the addition of boiling water (the same can be said for Coffeemate with the exception that it’s not salty).

Today’s offering was a rather nice
Ko-Lee chicken curry flavour cup noodle snack thing. I’d recommend Ko-Lee’s hot and spicy packet noodles to anybody who enjoys having their mouth being burnt. Let’s examine their range of products:


Of course, I'm a huge fan of Batchelors minestrone cup-a-soups and, as far as de/rehydrated luncheon snacks go, they simply can't be beaten. You'll find that this particular product actually contains 5 portions of vegetables. Well, 5 bits. But that's more than good enough for health-conscious Mancunians who shirk the high-fat savoury pastry alternative favoured by other, less-healthy Mancs. There's even a cafe in the local shopping centre here where you can buy a cup-a-soup for your lunch. How good is that?

Quality workforce

The Ferrari Formula 1 team fired their entire pit crew yesterday. The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the UK government's youth opportunity scheme and employ young people from Liverpool.

The decision to hire them was brought about after a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from Liverpool were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of euro's worth of high-tech equipment.

Prime Minister Tony Blair went on record as saying this was a bold move by Ferrari management which demonstrated the international recognition of the UK under New Labour.

As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari now have the advantage over every other team. However, Ferrari may have got more than they bargained for. At the crew's first practice session the Liverpool pit crew successfully changed the tyres in under 6 seconds, but within 12 seconds they had resprayed, re-badged and sold the vehicle to the Mclaren team for 8 bottles of Stella, a kilo of speed, and some photos of Coulthard's bird in the shower.

Oooh, I say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I see your blog is talking about Ferraris. Are you looking for anything related to Ferraris? Ferrari cars or Ferrari parts & accessories? This site has Ferrari cars and all items related to Ferraris at auction prices. Why not poke around and see what you can find? Just wanted to pass this tidbit of info along. Thanks.