Friday 8 April 2005

Be gentle with me...

I'm pissed off and deflated and let down and depressed and angry. But I'll live. Unless I take an overdose and do myself in.

At least you can rely on the BBC
The BBC have done me proud today, I'm watching the live streaming of the Pope's funeral on their website. Haven't got a bloody clue what's going on because it's all in foreign with Huw Edwards commentating in his weird Welsh/English. In addition to this, this video is very mosaic(ked?) so you can't see much apart from the red of the cardinals' robes. But I feel like I'm there!

I'm only really interested in case there's an attempted terrorist attack on all those world leaders. Unfortunately, I think the security is far too good.

See Rome and die... if only.

Sausage barm
In a world of let-downs, one thing you can rely on to you pick you up - even if only for a minute or so - is the good old sausage barm with brown sauce.

What's a barm(cake)? It's North West term for a soft, flat bread roll. But it's not a roll because bread rolls have a crust and barmcakes are soft. They're sometimes called baps (but "baps" are titties or norks in my book), batches (in the Coventry area) and even "teacakes" in Barnsley (now that IS bizarre). Anyway, barmcakes are the ideal mode of delivery for two pork sausages and brown sauce, whereas toast provides the perfect accompaniment for rashers of crispy bacon (with brown sauce).


Winter again
Just when you thought you could put your heavy coat away, it starts snowing again. It's April, for fuck's sake! Bloody freezing.


Soooooooooooooooooo fed up.

No comments: