Tuesday 19 April 2005

Beaten to it!

I'm amazed! As many confectionary fans are aware, I have a strong desire to leapfrog millions by becoming the first ever female Pope. But look at what's happened today, Anne Widdecombe has beaten me to it! Fucking bitch.

Credit to her though, Anne has come from being a liberal and caring Conservative MP...

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com



...to being the leader of world's 1.1bn Roman Catholics...

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

"Fuck me, I was only here on a sight-seeing tour and got locked in the Sistine Chapel with all these old blokes. The next thing I knew, they were pushing me out here in front of all you lot!" Widdecome (Benedict XVI) on her first address to the assembled crowd in St Peter's Square.

Well, the election of Cardinal Nazinger as the new Pope will certainly send shivers down many who have been victim to Rome's hard-line views and doctrines.

As an atheist, I don't know why I feel I should even be bothered by this. But I find it alarming that organisations and faiths that rule the lives of so many people around the world can have such views in this day and age. It's very worrying that your colleague, or a person in the street, somebody at Tesco, wherever, might have their head filled with utter rubbish because of will of somebody who has no idea about real life. People are taught prejudices and hatred through religions, they become indoctrinated with the idea that it's right to forgive a murderer, but that somebody who's gay will live in eternal sin. It's OK for people in Africa to be dying of AIDS by the million, so long as they have lived to God's will while on earth. Utter bollocks.

Jesus wept, as they say.

No comments: