Friday 4 February 2005

Falling apart

That's how it feels sometimes. Especially now, having just ordered a pair of orthotic insoles to help prevent the pain I get in my crappy feet when I exercise. This is very probably metatarsalgia, apparently, although there's the possibility that it's Morton's Neuroma and the likelihood of this being the problem is increased because of my squished feet and also the symptoms that I get (see http://www.spinalhealth.net/inj-foot.html if you're interested). It'll be a 24 hour girdle and incontinence knickers next. You know, the type of things you see advertised with crap 1950s-style black & white diagrams in the Sunday papers, or those daft little catalogues that accompany them. I don't remember what age I'd reached when I looked at those catalogues and for the first time thought, That looks good, but I know I'm there now. The Kleeneezee book is great too.



It beggars belief, but there are Eastern European-looking girls walking the streets of Manchester (Curry Mile in Rusholme) who carry bundles that they claim to be babies; they come up to you, holding out their hands, begging for money. Arseholes to that! There was one this evening and she was carrying a bundle of something, but it sure wasn't a baby. I gave her a very stern and angry "No!" and brushed her off. I've known sympathetic fools to have handed over cash and been told it wasn't enough because it was less than a fiver. Round 'em up and send 'em back. Bloody thieves. That sort of behaviour is absolutely unacceptable and there's no doubt that these lasses are essentially working for pimps. Disgraceful. If nobody gave them anything, they'd soon give up and piss off. People are too soft and stupid in this country.


No comments: