Wednesday 9 February 2005

Conspiracy theory

My ongoing technological problems would've had paranoid people reaching for the tin foil and wrapping their houses in it in the belief that all their systems were under surveillance from the spooks!

I'm suffering java problems on my PC here at home (and I'm not talking spilt coffee in the keyboard), file download problems on my machine at one work base and hotsync problems at the other. Such things shouldn't get to you; the machines still work alright, they're not functioning optimally, but there are ways around the problems. It's just so goddam annoying when you know there's a little problem and it becomes an all-consuming part of your life until it's resolved. And the solution is never a simple one, or should I say, the action taken (by me) is always very drastic - sledgehammers and nuts, that kind of affair. I'm having javascript problems here, therefore I need a new computer. I can't hotsync at work, so I obviously need a system rebuild and a new PDA.

I changed my last car because the internal blower fan had lost its oomph and I couldn't be bothered to get it fixed. It was also due an MOT, road tax and a wash. Quite sensible when you think about it.

There's probably a name for people like me, like a medical condition. However, the best one is probably "twat".

Cats are strange creatures. There's one on the desk in front of me. This particular model is OK because he tends to lie down and keep still, as opposed to another one of the beasts who insists on doing caged tiger prowling up and down the desk in front of the PC monitor and all over the keyboard. Max's nose is dripping; he's a bit trashed because he's been on the catnip for the past couple of hours.

Online shopping can prove to be a frustrating and disappointing experience if your happen to be looking for something that's quite difficult to get hold of.

I'm a bit fed up.

No comments: