Friday 16 December 2005

Vacuum

When you run into a theme of posts (Sniffy advent), you tend to forget what you're really about. Not that I'm implying that my blog has anything as grand as a "theme", but whatever Cakesniffers is has been lost a little bit over the past few weeks.

Does it matter? Does it bollocks!

I guess if I hadn't posted recent things under the Sniffy Advent heading, nobody would've noticed any difference and I wouldn't be concerned about my lack of creativity or inspiration. Let's face it, at this time of year, people are busy preparing for Christmas and Christmas is all-consuming. You have less time to post to your blog and what comes out is what has been on your mind during that day, i.e. Christmas stuff.

Anyhoo (I'm going for Canadian citizenship and I need to start learning the language), what else has been going on or interesting me during December? Not much in all honesty.

About the most exciting thing was the moon as it rose in the sky ahead of me on my journey home this evening: it was HUGE. Apparently, it is the largest we've seen it in the UK for nearly twenty years and, my word, I was pretty moved by it all.

Moon 1

It strikes me that we go through our lives without noticing or really appreciating the things that go on around us. All sorts of amazing things are taken for granted. Could you imagine if the moon suddenly disappeared? What excuse would the cats have for going mental each month?


Put your hands all over my body
A suggestion has come through to post about erotic dreams. I don't think I ever have them, I'm sure I'd know about it if I did. I have plenty of dirty thoughts though.

It's not often that I remember my dreams unless they are nightmares, which I seemed to have frequently and recurrently when I was a child. The strangest thing about being on antidepressants (apart from them giving me narcolepsy) was that I suddenly started noticing my dreams. It was very worrying to realise that these drugs were altering the balance of your brain chemicals; the things that affect the way you think, act, live. I don't recommend them to anybody.


Farts
Pig pen

I seem to have been quite gassy these past couple of days. This is now becoming rather distressing since I seem to be followed by a cloud of shit-smell a la Pig Pen from Peanuts.


Some photos of Manchester
Just thought I'd throw these in.

Exchange Square, Manchester
Exchange Square, Manchester


Manchester Cathedral
Manchester Cathedral


Manchester Wheel Dec 2005
Manchester Wheel


Harvey Nicholls dummies
Harvey Nicholls Dummies

I still can't get Mistletoe and fucking Wine out of my bloody head.

No comments: