Saturday 3 December 2005

Sniffy Advent: Day, the third

Happy Ecksmass!
Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays to everyone. Santa Claus is coming to town.

I fucking HATE Xmas, it is meaningless. Any cards or a greeting with "Xmas" on them get binned instantly.

Ecksmass.

What the hell is Ecksmass when it's at home? Can somebody explain it?

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. That's how it should be.

Not Xmas, Season's Greetings, New Years, or Holidays.

If you want to wish somebody a Happy Hannukah, then wish them so. Same goes for Eid, Diwali, Yuletide and any others that might fall at this time of year, but show a bit of respect and keep them separate, don't lump them under "Season's Greetings" for fear of offending somebody.

And I'd like "New Years" explaining to me. Surely you only get one new year at a time, so why the plural?

Holidays - you work till the very last minute and get two days off work before returning for that twighlight zone between Christmas and New Year, then you get another day off. I suppose that this one is actually correct over here since this is when the UK gets most of its bank holidays. Unless you're me. I'm taking some extra days off so I get a full fortnight break from the 23rd December till 9th January. Ho ho ho!

Ho ho NO! I don't know what pisses me off about "Santa Claus", but I've always preferred "Father Christmas". I think "Santa Claus" must send me into singing "Santa Claus is coming to town"; although I start off with the Jackson's version, this inevitably switches to Bruce Springsteen's at some point, and this automatically ruins the entire Christmas period for me as soon as it happens.

SHITE! It's happened. Bah fucking humbug.

No comments: