Sunday 4 December 2005

Labour of love

DM 939s

As much as people love wearing Dr Marten's boots, there's always a certain degree of agony that must be endured during the first few weeks of wearing a new pair. I am currently experiencing that agony and am suffering blisters on my heels and slight rubbing on my deformed little toe.

Of course, the pain experienced while breaking these things in causes the sufferer to have a certain gait. In my case, I walk even more like a dyke than usual, with bounding strides and minimal (restricted) bending of the ankles - a bit like a limp. This transfers to the upper half of my body that kind of swaggers and sways to compensate for the loss of movement in my ankles and the effect that this has on my balance.

Extremely attractive.

It'll all be worth it in the long run... uness I get some sort of infection in my wounds and end up with a nasty dose of Stephacockaliticus.


Waking early Sunday morning
Having had my sleep disturbed from the early hours by my fucking nutcase cat, I am now rather tired. Instead of doing things that I should be doing (ironing, going the gym, painting that loft hatch in my bedroom), I'm once again sat in front of my computer, pissing about.

Actually I'm sat sort of to the side of my computer and facing my monitor. In front, behind, to the side, my time would be much better served by doing something else.

I shall get off my arse and go the gym I think - blisters and all.

No comments: