Friday 16 December 2005

Sniffy Advent: Day, the sixteenth

Always Coca Cola
I bloody HATE Coca Cola, but I really, REALLY detest their sanct(Santa)-fucking-monious advertising at Christmas. "Holidays are coming, holidays are coming... Always Coca Cola."

Whether it be polar bears, Father Christmas, train things, whatever shitty advertising they use, I bloody hate it with a passion. Polar bears drinking Coke? Are they fucking stupid?

This year's advertising on the radio features "World music", which I hate even more than Coke. I particularly detest that sort of African sound (you know like from Paul Simon's "You can call me Al?") and of course one of the adverts features this type of music with the singers clearly delighted that the Coca Cola brand has reached their community and the factory in the nearby town is sucking all the water supply while crops fail because of drought.

Fuckers.

Coca Cola - Official sponsor of Christmas.

In addition to all this, the fucking Coca Cola "Holidays are coming" song is now living in my in my head. It's driving me mad. Still, it's a change from "Mistletoe and wine", which seems to have been coming and going in cycles for the past few days.

Must get a different Christmas song in my head, I can't cope.

No comments: