Wednesday 12 January 2005

BBC NEWS | Technology | Looming pitfalls of work blogs

BBC NEWS Technology Looming pitfalls of work blogs



Well, this is interesting and will no doubt affect bloggers' musings regarding their employers and colleagues. I have been tempted to preserve my anonymity, but I decided to post my photo and that's kind of blown it I guess. I suppose it doesn't matter what you say about your work colleagues in a blog if you also say it to their faces!




I don't understand how this particular bloke was found out because, at least so far, it's difficult to find a blog unless you're told about one specifically.



If anything, I think employers should be made to be wary of the fact that they will be slagged off unless they treat their workers with respect and fairness, and to act accordingly so that people don't feel compelled to comment about them in blogs.



Of course, certain organisations don't need their employees to write web logs for adverse publicity because most are perfectly capable of creating enough on their own.



No comments: