Friday 7 March 2008

E-mail is ruining my life

E-mail isn't actually ruining my life; it's a programme I'm watching on the telly at the moment. It's all about people blaming having too many e-mails and it stressing them out at work. Bollocks. If you don't want to be bothered by your work e-mails, check your messages in the morning, shut down Outlook, opening it up at lunchtime, close it down again, and open it up an hour before going home. Anything that doesn't need a response, delete.

If people are desperate to get in touch, they'll phone you.

The people I work with block out days in their diaries to respond to their e-mails. That's like not answering the phone and then listening to your voicemails on a Friday afternoon when nobody's around if you decide to call them back.

But hey, that's work and this is Friday evening. THE WEEKEND!

Me and Rocky will be running wild and free tomorrow as Trump is out working until late afternoon. Rocky is really looking forward to being dragged around in the wind and rain.

Watching the Channel 4 News, there's an article about some nasty arms dealer who has been arrested in Bangkok. There he is, surrounded by Thai commandos who are wearing baseball cap with "COMMANDO" embroidered on them. I'd love a hat with my job title embroidered on it. That would be so cool.


Where the streets are paved with red paint with congestion charge markings
I have to go to London on Monday and I'm not exactly sure where it is that I'm supposed to be going. I'll get off the train at Euston and ask somebody I think. "How do I get to London? I'm from oop north and I can't work out where the coloured railways are - I think I want a turquoise one, where can I find a turquoise train?"

I might need a turquoise train and a blue one, I'm not too sure.

I don't even know why I'm going there, perhaps I'll find out once I arrive.


Crufts
It's Crufts this weekend. I blame two things for Rocky (not including Trump): Spaced and Crufts. Trump first got the idea to get a mini schnauzer after watching Colin in Spaced, this was then fed by watching Crufts last year. They only use the silver ones in TV, they only show the silver ones in dog shows. Of course, some might say that it's institutional racism that keeps the black ones out of the public eye. The truth is the black ones are a bit like the beast in the attic; kept out of view of the public for health and safety reasons.

Think on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Vancouver on March 29 to see Mish Mash. I don't know where I'm going either that's why she's picking me up.

Take a taxi.

Anonymous said...

When I get into work I have 8 hours to do 8 hours work. That doesn't include break time or emails. I start by deleting all emails that have an attachment.
What work doesn't get done, doesn't get done. That's a management manning problem, not mine. I don't stress about it.