Monday 5 April 2010

Och Nock Nook!

I've been to Scotchland! Up to the West Highlands on the Ardnamurchan Peninsular where I visited Mr Garfer. It's always odd meeting somebody who you've known for a while, and meeting Mr Cake Face was no different I suppose.

Anyway, it's a stunningly beautiful part of the world where you can go and lose yourself, something that everybody should do on occasion to bring them back down to earth. It's not that easy to get lost unless you're on foot, doing a Tinker's Rucksack, but since there are only about 4 roads on the peninsula, it'd be pretty hard to get lost while driving.

The people speak with that beautiful sing-songy voice and accent and are most accommodating, even to the English.

The only shame was that my visit was way too brief to get anything like a full flavour of the places to visit and things to do there. Hopefully one day, I'll find myself back there, overlooking Loch Sunart as the sun sets out towards the Atlantic.


















No comments: