Saturday 4 February 2006

Straight

I went shopping this morning. I was at work the other day and caught my reflection in a glass door: my trousers looked really short. I realised that they'd been washed them on a normal 40°C cycle instead of woollens and they'd shrunk as a result. Either that or my arse has grown yet again and they were being pulled up because of it.

Skip to the end...

Anyway, bought a pair of work trousers - fifty five fucking robbing bastard quid - and went on the lookout for some "pulling pants", or "jeans" to you lot. I was horrified to see that straight-legged jeans are back in fashion. Not only straight-led, but really rather tight-legged jeans. I realised this as I tried on a few pairs in River Island. I can't wear anything like that, for fuck's sake! My thighs alone have the circumference of many women's waists and my calves are, well let's just say, they're "muscly".

riverisland jeans
I don't think so!

God, straight-legged jeans. Takes me back to my horrible youth when all the skinny girls wore the tightest jeans on the planet and I tried it, but looked like something that belonged in a freak show.

But anway, found some not bad ones, so should be all sorted for any future nights out. I am still concerned about footware though. Perhaps I'm too fussy. Perhaps I just conduct a poll here and let the readers decide.

OK, here you go, see what you think of these:

1. Converse All Stars (pumps)

All stars

2. Dr Marten's boots

Docs

3. Kickers pumps

Kickers 1

4. Kickers shoes

Kickers 2

5. Adidas Superstars

superstars

6. Skechers shoes

Skechers

Yes, I know that I have a huge arse and fat thighs. And yes, I have horrible furniture in my bedroom.


Asda - again
As much as I detest this shop, I keep finding myself in there on a Saturday, I must be a glutton for punishment. Today I needed Coffeemate (light of course). I roamed the aisles, I passed "Foreign foods", I passed "BOOZE" and found myself at tea and coffee and shit like that. HUGE tubs of Coffeemate original, tiny tubs of Coffeemate light. Fuckers. It's because people who shop there are all fat fuckers who don't believe in light anything. Tossers.

I ended up getting some tortilla wraps for tonight's tea and enjoyed a transaction in which I was clearly interrupting the conversation of two staff members, one of whom had just bought some socks at that till and was continuing to tell the checkout woman about the current range nightware at George at Asda. Don't mind me. Ignorant cunts.


Bored
It's now 1.35pm and I'm bored already. I wonder what I can do with the rest of my day. I know, I'll go and sit next to the cat and, every time it looks like he's going into a deep sleep, I'll start disturbing him by poking him and purring. Little shit.

Oooooor, I could scan some more photos into my PC and continue my series of posts in which I reminisce about my past.

Ooooooor, I could kill my Dad, who is getting right on my tits.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST

You could kill your dad and then post pictures, thereby killing two birds with one stone.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but don't you think posting pictures of me killing my dad would provide the prosecution with watertight evidence of my guilt? I mean, come on, if you're going to murder somebody, you've got to try and make the court case a bit of a challenge.

Anonymous said...

I think you should kill your dad too. Good suggestion, Indiawhatsit. I concur.

You could explain the pics away as photoshopped creations, just to see what it would have looked like had you been the culprit.

Blame me. I get the blame for everything else. A murder might exciten (that really should be a word) things up a bit in my boring wee life.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the word is "excite", but "exciten" might be a nice hibrid between excite and brighten or frighten or lighten. Is it hybrid? Yes, it is, isn't it?

I'd never get away with it, everybody knows I'm crap at photoshop.

Anonymous said...

Just as an aside....

Every time I see 'indiaiynke', I read it as 'I need a dyke'.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely do the Doc Martins!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dr. martens boots for sure. Although if you're going to be coming home a little worse for wear, can you be arsed undoing the laces? Maybe go for a pair of kick-offable shoes...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also concur - Docs it is.

Pig - I am astounded to share with you that every time I see "piggy and tazzy" I smell crap. It's amazing to me. I 'see' ... and smell. Quite fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I should've asked people to e-mail me their responses in private, so as to avoid peer pressure and the like.

Indiana Jones, you certainly give as good as you get, don't you?

Anonymous said...

Yes. Which is why the 22-year-old Eating Machine probably won't survive another few days. Ya think?

Anonymous said...

I think you're absolutely right and I also think you'd be quite lovely, but wonderfully scary in real life. Perhaps not scary, but I'd certainly revere you without a doubt. And I don't even know if that's a proper sentence because you've made me come over all unnecessary!

Anonymous said...

I like all but the Converse. I thought you were showing pics of me. I knew you couldn't be in the U.K. and have my pics!

I'm in Atlanta, GA, and I can't tell you how U.K. crazy I've gotten. I'm loving BBC America loving how everyone talks. Your sayings are so different from ours. Wonder if I could fit in in there undetected? Like I always lived there?

Anonymous said...

After examining the photographic evidence, I noticed a definite difference in your posture and attitude while wearing the Docs. You stand more confidently, and as everyone knows, confidence is sexy. Go butch and wear the Docs. Have fun, be safe, and pull pull PULL!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Kickers brown pumps -contrary me. And unless it has already happened I would save the patricide for a really, really boring weekend.
But it's already 8pm in England (high noon here in San Francisco)and you're probably slapping on the lippie and ready to hit the dance floor. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I just scrolled down this post quickly.

I hope you don't dance like that. If you do you wont pull, you'll be certified.

Anonymous said...

I could only ever dance when I was shitfaced. Since I don't touch a drop these days, there's going to be no dancing for me, you'll be glad to learn.

Anonymous said...

Arabella, I like the Kickers pumps too. They're a bit knackered these days, but I still like them.

Hello you and Mrs M too, and all the other folk who've dropped here for the first time.

I appreciate your honesty ;)

Anonymous said...

2,4,6,8, who do we appreciate? TINA!!!

Actually I'm voting for 2, 4, and 6.

--aas

Anonymous said...

1,3,5 have my vote.

Them there pics hi, were like wanted posters, you know front and side profiles?

Have you seen these legs?

Kill Dad.

Anonymous said...

Adidas - comfortable, classic, but easily ruined by some can't-handle-their-ale cunt sloshing his/her cheap cider all over 'em.

I think it's 'footwear' not 'footware'...unless you're slipping into a nice, comfortable, er...pair of pans?

And burn the Skechers. Gruesome.

Anonymous said...

We vote for the diarrhoea coloured Kickers.

Is he dead yet? We'll touch up the photo's for you.

I think Ineedadyke and I are connected in some way (possibly hip and handbag?) because we both had the fabby idea of calling a cat 'Taz'.

She's gone way up in my estimation.

:o)

*wanders out muttering 'smells of shit indeed'*

Anonymous said...

Hmm . . . all the shoes seem sensible, but the Adidas Superstars get my vote.

Anonymous said...

Ah fuck, you're right. You know how annoyed I get when I realise, or am told, that I've made a basic spelling or grammatical error?

Anonymous said...

You can't help it dear.

Comes with being a woman.

Albeit a manly one.

Anonymous said...

Docs. Full stop.

Anonymous said...

Docs eh April? Is that what does it for you? Eh? April???

Anonymous said...

Reminds her of Donkey's hooves.

The dirty slapper.

Anonymous said...

Docs/shoes make you look like a lesbian.

What?

Oh.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, straight to video!